The Power of Prayer: Believe in God
The Power of Prayer: Believe in God
Religion Articles | September 17, 2013
The Power of Prayer is your connection with God. God can change any situation, in your personal life, your family, or your nation. Ask God in prayer to help you with the situations you face in life. Believe in God.
The Power of Prayer is your connection with God. God can change any situation, in your personal life, your family, or your nation. Ask God in prayer to help you with the situations you face in life. Believe in God. There is a wonderful power in prayer; it has no boundaries. However, many of us aren’t sure how to get started or what to say. Prayer is simply having a conversation with God. This may sound scary; after all, who are we to talk to the God of the universe? But God wants us to talk to him often, and if we make it a habit, it won’t seem as scary. Having the right foundation in prayer is much more important than whether you sound ‘fancy’ or not. Actually, you can talk to God just like you would talk to a friend. So instead of worrying about how you will pray, focus on what you need to say. The power of prayer clears your mind and heart of fear and expands your trust in God for the right outcomes.
The Bible talks about “petitioning” God in prayer – this means to plead or sincerely ask Him for something. To “present your requests” to God is simply to tell Him what you need. Praying about each worry or need in your life will make you feel less burdened because it invites God to be involved in every area of your life. When He is in charge of each aspect of your life, there is nothing to fear.
Here are seven steps that can help you pray more effectively and strengthen your relationship with the Lord:
1. Acknowledge your personal relationship with God as His child. Recognize that God is holy and powerful, and give Him the reverence that He deserves. Don’t ever think that He is too reverent to know personally. He cares deeply for each of us, and having a loving relationship with Him is like that between a parent and child.
2. Acknowledge your respect for who God is.
Commit your life to God each day, promising to live according to His will. God is the creator of all things and the author of everything good. In your thoughts and in your words, don’t forget to give Him the respect he deserves. Praise God during prayer and throughout your day, becoming absorbed in Him.
“If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.” (John 15:7)
3.Confess Your Sins.
It’s important to ask God for forgiveness of your sins and for His blessing. God loves us all unconditionally, but He wants us to acknowledge that we are sinners and need His care to stay on the right path. Repentance is a sign of understanding that we have all broken God’s commands, and that we are truly sorry. By recognizing that we have allowed sin to come between us and God, we can destroy the barrier of sin and once again grow closer to Him.
4. Ask God For Anything.
Many of us feel guilty if we ask God for anything, fearing that we aren’t worthy and that by demanding anything, we might anger God. It’s just the opposite – by asking God for something, we are admitting that we can’t do it alone; we are showing that we need His divine intervention and that we trust that He will help us. Nothing could make God happier!
5. Be Specific.
Prayers can be general, such as a prayer for God’s blessing, but He encourages us to be specific, as well. When we ask the Lord to help us find a better job, resolve a problem with our spouse, or help with anything else that is personal to us, we are opening our innermost hearts to Him. This personal, specific kind of prayer tells God that we have faith in Him, that He will watch over us in every way. He wants to be the Lord of our lives in all things large and small; so don’t hesitate to pray to find a way to get a new dryer if yours breaks down!
6. Have an attitude of Expectancy and Faith.
Trust that God can answer any prayer. Have faith that God will hear you when you pray according to His will. After all, how can you expect your prayer to be answered when you doubt it will to begin with? Don’t pray out of fear or desperation or because “nothing else has worked.” Pray confidently, with faith that God will fulfill your expectations in the best way possible for you, born out of His divine wisdom.
“Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you will have it.” ( Mark 11:24)
7. Pray in Jesus’ name.
When we pray in Jesus’ name, we are showing our reverence for God’s only son. We are able to acknowledge that Jesus’ death on the cross is payment for our sins by honoring His ultimate sacrifice in our prayers. It unites us with the new life of Christ’s resurrection. The foundation of life as a Christian is also the foundation of prayer – doing everything in Jesus’ name.
“Whatever you ask in my name, that I will do.” (John 14:13)
Every prayer is important, and every prayer counts. Our prayers exalt Him for who He is, and God’s awesome power can work through them. In His presence is where we will find our greatest blessings. And so when we pray, we should enter into His presence, submitting to His righteousness.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Robert Moment is a life coach, personal growth strategist, speaker and author. Robert specializes in maximizing human potential for happiness, purpose and success. Visit http://www.AChristianYouth.com and sign-up for the Free 5 Day E-Course titled, Christian Youth: Be Inspired to Live for God. Visit http://www.ChristianInspirational.org and sign-up for the FREE 7 Day E-Course titled, Christian Living.
LAW OF ATTRACTION ATTRACT MONEY HOW DO I DO IT
Law of Attraction Money: Helps In Attracting Money
Finance Articles | January 6, 2011
All the people should want to manifest money in their life as money is one of the most essential things in the world. If you have money, you can buy anything for yourself what you want. But if you are not, rich and wish for having more money and become wealthy, then the best idea is to learn the law of attraction money.
It will definitely help in you in your quest and make you wealthy. Life gives us end number of possibilities and by using this law we can attain what we want. If you really serious for making more and more money and wanted to be successful, then it is very important that you follow and incorporate law of attraction money in your day to day life.
When you are using the law of attraction money, then basically you are using your mind to attract success towards you. Attracting wealth is similar to attracting anything else. The foremost thing is that you should be clear about your intentions. Write down the amount of money you require and be specific about it as writing more money is very much vague and fuzzy. Your intentions should be positive and you must ensure yourself that you have achieved that amount, even if you have not. For instance, ‘I am very glad because I earn $50,000 in a year’.
Make sure that you do not write that ’I should be free from all debts’, because this is not a positive aspect. In fact, world will respond you by sending more and more debts. Thus it is better to write which is positive and optimistic. If you have problem in writing anything, then just close your eyes and think of what would be your life when you will had all the money that you desire. Visualize yourself that you are spending your money on that thing which makes you happy. For example, think of a new car or a holiday tour with family or friends. Imagine yourself that you are driving your dream car or you and your family are enjoying on the beaches and spending the fantastic time of your life. Another thing you can imagine is your bank statement which can have large amount of balance. The more vividly you imagine
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Subscribe to my Youtube
PUBLISHED VERSION OF KAREN O’BRIENS LYRICS BEHIND THE SCENES
Merry Christmas and happy new year
Pigtails and the Akubra Hat by Karen O’brien on Amazon Music – Amazon.com
Check out Pigtails and the Akubra Hat by Karen O’brien on Amazon Music. Stream ad-free or purchase CD’s and MP3s now on Amazon.com.
— Read on www.amazon.com/Pigtails-Akubra-Hat-Karen-Obrien/dp/B08HW35NQC/ref=sr_1_12
Screech of the Owl
Interview with Songwriter Karen O’Brien
- What drew you to the music industry? Allen Leton friend that used to tell his experiences with music and love of his friend Johnny Cash, heard my stuff told me I had Talent.
- Who are you inspired by? Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Lady Gaga, Allan Jackson, Producer Peter Gaines, ISSA (International Singer Singwriter Assosiation, Kristy James Singer-Songwriter, Music Mafia Radio, Zuzu Welsh Band and Bob Zuzu Welsh there Manager, Lance Turner, Michael from Lukes Army, Zandra Arnold – Gospel Singer-Songwriter, Mercy-Me, God, Hillsong Church Spotify, Brian Simon – Singer Songwriter, Tori Amos, Led Zepelin, Tracey Chapman and Robert Ross.
- Please explain your creative process, I write down the words then contact my producer and let the magick happen.
- What’s an average day like for you? talking with my beautiful daughter when she’s home from school, preparing her meals. Encouraging independence with dressing herself etc.
- Is there a hidden meaning in any of your music? Love, Gospel, Country, peace not war example Orange Jeans by Karen O’Brien escaping the terror of war emotionally which I feel is very relevant during this pandemic 2020, with issues such as violence, hate,and disease going on, covid 19 ,I think it’s important we have a positive escape from all this through our faith and hope, music and love for our mental health.
- Do you collaborate with others? What is that process? Producer, Networking with bands/singers.
- Please discuss how you interact with and respond to fans through youtube, word press ,facebook, spotify, linked in,
- What is your favorite part about this line of work? Your least favorite? Why? Hopefully being an inspiration to my daughter and making her proud, showing her you can achieve your dreams,
- Have you ever dealt with performance anxiety? I’m more of a behind scenes girl atm because I write the words.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps? Keep Faith, Pray, Meditate, Create a vision board, get marketing, lots of posters, photographs, never give up.